1.28.2012

The Museum of Modern Awesomeness.

It took me 15 months, but I finally made it to the MoMA!  I spent the afternoon with some of my good pals, Monet, Warhol, Klimt, Van Gogh.. just hanging around [get it?? get it??] :) I'm a museum geek- have gone to the Met more times than I can remember, so I was excited to get to see new pieces and new styles!  Here are a few of my favorites.. 







































A few pieces in there had me thinking.. "really??".  There was a blank white canvas by some guy.. really?? And a pile of bricks in another room... hmm.  That's a stumper, right there.  I guess the age-old question remains, "What is art?".

On the whole though, I walked out today entirely inspired.  Who know's, maybe I'll grab some paint brushes, and stick them in a plastic case, too :)

1 comment:

  1. It's very biased isn't it? and very hard to judge :) I love modern art though - as long as I am given enough context to make sense out of it! ;)

    And Van Gogh you picked here is actually one of my favourites :)

    xxx
    Olga
    Freddie & Cinnamon Jewellery

    ReplyDelete